Lockdown has changed the way alot of us work and many of us have had to think outside of the box. I will be the first to admit that online training classes made me nervous but after the first few clients it opened up my eyes to a whole new way of dog training.
With various levels of lockdown this year and some clients having to self isolate sometimes it has been the only option. Thankfully all clients have been open to video calls and have embraced them with 100% enthusiasm.
I have trained dogs that aren’t in my area aswell as advising clients via Zoom that live hundreds of miles away. None of this would be possible without modern technology.
Here is just a short list with a handful of reasons you should consider online dog training:
- Being able to carry on training during lockdown or if you’re self isolating/shielding.
- Staying in the comfort of your own home when the weather isn’t great and your dog doesn’t like the rain.
- You don’t have to worry about transport, traffic etc.
- It’s much more flexible and easier to work around your schedule.
- You get full attention from your dog e.g no distractions of off lead dogs, noises, other people etc.
- Your dog is more relaxed in it’s home environment.
- The video call can be recorded and sent to you so you don’t have to take notes.
- Everyone taking part can screenshare to show websites, demo’s etc.
- You can watch recordings of your dog together and talk through observations.
- No worrying about the general public wondering what you are doing as you run after your dog like a whaling banshee!
- The whole household can get invloved, which isn’t possible if lockdown rules state only 1:1 outside.
- Only people your dog knows and loves are in the room so it acts more true to itself.
And the best thing is…….you get the same great training, the same amazing advice and the same high quality service but in the comfort of your own home.
There are so many benefits to remote training, I don’t know why it wasn’t done sooner!
So why not open your mind to the world of online dog training? It’s a guaranteed way to keep your dog’s training on point and you don’t even have to change out of your pyjamas if you don’t want to!