Terms and Conditions – 1-2-1 Training, 1-2-1 Puppy Training, Puppy Classes and Advanced Classes.
1. Cancellations – 48 hours’ notice is required for 1-2-1 training. You may loose that session if the required notice period is not given.
2. All payments are upfront. Bookings will be held for 48 hours before being released to other clients.
3. The Ipswich Dog Trainer reserves the right to cancel the contract (at any time & with immediate effect) if any dog/s under the contract do not respond well to the therapy plan (where the continuing of said contract is deemed, by The Ipswich Dog Trainer, to constitute a risk).
4. All dogs will be on lead during training unless prior agreement has been reached with The Ipswich Dog Trainer.
5. The Ipswich Dog Trainer will apply personal judgement and cut short a training session, if necessary, because of extreme weather conditions; including, but not limited to: excessive heat, torrential rain, thunder storms and snow/ice. The decision to do so lays with the judgement of the The Ipswich Dog Trainer for the safety of themselves, members of the public, other animals and that of the recipient. In such circumstances the decision to reschedule or conduct the session online is at the discretion of The Ipswich Dog Trainer.
6. The Ipswich Dog Trainer will apply personal judgement and cut short a training session, if necessary, if we feel the dog is not coping well. In the case of anxious dogs, I may do the initial session with the owner only or online. Each dog will be looked at individually to make a decision.
7. Although I cannot fully guarantee a 100% success rate with my training methods, I have a high success rate with previous clients who follow and practice my methods in the long term.
8. My methods are all kind, ethical and effective however are never instant and take commitment from the client to work with their dog in the long-term. If you do not follow the training plan your contract may be terminated without a refund.
9. All dogs that are known to bite other dogs or cause injury need to wear a muzzle, I take no responsibility for dogs who are not muzzled or kept under control, during our session or when working outside of our session. Failure to wear a muzzle when asked may result in termination of your support.
10. The Ipswich Dog Trainer is insured with Protectivity however any accident or injury during our training session will not be covered if you have failed to use the appropriate equipment or failed to follow my advice.
11. Dogs must always be kept under control when I am entering your premises. Failure to do so and any injury caused by your dog being out of control will be your full responsibility. In some cases I will meet you outside your premises first and in some instances, we may work only outside taking a hands-off approach working at a distance (especially in cases of anxious dogs).
11. In some cases I use stooge dogs to aid training. You will be responsible for keeping your dog a sufficient and safe distance from the stooge dog and if asked will need your dog to wear a muzzle during these sessions.
12. It is assumed you are happy for The Ipswich Dog Trainer to share success stories about your dog via social media and share photos. If not, please make this clear on the registration form.
13. You are happy to write a testimonial if requested.
14. You agree to report/check in regularly about your dog’s progress through either email, text, or by sharing on our Facebook page or respond to any communication from The Ipswich Dog Trainer. Continual failure to do so can result in a termination of your support
15. In the case of behavioural issues you agree to give consent to work with us and are happy for us to contact your vet on your behalf if deemed necessary.
16. In the event of strict lockdown restrictions all puppy training will be via Zoom. Training and behaviour will be looked at on an individual basis. The Ipswich Dog Trainer decision is final.
17. Covid questionnaire will be completed before each face to face session. One form for every person attending the session. Failure to complete the Covid questionnaire will result in the session being cancelled without a refund.
18. If you, or anyone in your household has to self isolate the 48 hour cancellation policy will be waived. The lesson will be rescheduled at the first available opportunity either via Zoom or in person. The is not applicable for classes.
19. Zoom details will be emailed the day before the session if applicable.
20. You agree to clear up any dog feaces and dispose of them in an appropriate manner.
21. If you use aversive methods or equipment this will need to be changed before any training can commence.
22. You will inform The Ipswich Dog Trainer if you use another training at the same time. If our methods contradict eachother The Ipswich Dog Trainer may terminate the contract with a partial refund on sessions not taken